Thursday, March 30, 2006

Standing For Significant Waistline

Hey guys, have you ever dreamt of having a lecture in a standing-only classroom? Why I ask such a funny question? Just because I read a news on the net with the headline "Standing-only classrooms' could prevent child obesity".
This is about the introduction of classrooms in Britian, where students will have to stand for hours a day, after a study found that in long-term, it could lead to substantial weight loss, as extra calories will be burnt.
I am not sure how many pounds or kilograms can we actually lose if we have classrooms like that, but I am quite certain that many of us will have whatever excuse they can think of, and come to class later or even not coming. It is rather normal, right?
Hmm...besides losing weights, as I am a person that lose concentration easily, I wonder if standing can help my attention span to last for a longer time, or it just make the situation worse.
Anyway, what is your opinion about it? Will you consider of doing it to have a better body shape?

1 comment:

Sammie MS Chan said...

well, i think a standing classroom may not be a good idea ... to control their weights or lose pounds, children should be encouraged to do more exercises and have healthy diet ...